Tuesday, January 21, 2014

It Doesn't Fit...

I brewed a American Pale Ale about two weeks ago, (I never posted about it... grrrrr), and tonight I racked it over to secondary and added a 1/2 oz of Cascade hops for dry-hopping. I took a gravity reading, and it looks like it'll be around 4.5% ABV. A little lower than target, but oh well...

The problem is, I have a smaller bucket for secondary. I use a 6 gal bucket for primary fermentation, and I picked up a 5 gal bucket for secondary, but never got a second lid for that one, since I assumed the two buckets would have the same size lid. Nope! I didn't realize the problem until after I had racked everything over, and, desperate for a solution so I could go to bed, I simply placed a clean garbage bag over the whole thing, and tied it down tightly with butcher's twine. Hopefully this will work for a week or so, until the beer is ready for bottling. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment