Hey! Sorry I haven't updated in forever. I wish I had some excuse, like alien abduction, amnesia or winning the lottery... but I don't. I've just been preoccupied with other things. So here's a quick update on what's new in my life.
- Culinary school is wrapping up. I have just two weeks left in class, including finals.
- As part of my practical exam for baking, I have entered into the NMC Gingerbread House Competition. I have been working on my house off and on for a week now, and I've still got a lot of work to go. I'll post pictures soon...
- I haven't made any new beer recently... but I plan to soon!
- The beer that I already made turned out well, for the most part.
- Spiced Zmas Ale: brown ale with hops, ginger, orange peel, and nutmeg.
- Coffee Pot Experiment #2: A SMaSH (Single Malt and Single Hop) beer, light in body and color. Could have used more hops in it, though.
- Imperial Stout: Thick, chocolaty, and tasty, but I didn't add enough priming sugar, so it's a bit flat...
- I have a gig! I'm gonna be working a New Years Eve gig at a near-by casino. I'll give you more details when I get them...
- I have a steady job! I'm working as a part-time projectionist at a local movie theatre. It's super fun, and now I'll have more money to spend on beer supplies...
So, that's the last month-and-a-half, in a nutshell.